Call: (805) 815-4356Request Appointment
• Can I come and see the doctor early in the morning or late in the evening?
Absolutely! To accommodate the needs of customer like you, our office opens early on Friday, and stays open until late on Wednesday.
Our office hours are:
Mon/ Tue/ Thus: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Wed: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sat: By Appointment Only
• How can I contact the doctor outside of office hours?
To contact a doctor outside of office hours, dial our regular office phone #, and our answering service will be able to help you. Provide your name, contact details, and brief description of the problem to the operator. Doctor will get back to you as soon as possible. If it is an emergency, please dial 911 and get the immediate help.
• Where your dental office located?
Our office is located on the junction of West Channel Islands Blvd and Wheelhouse Avenue in Port Hueneme, CA. It is in the Wheelhouse Plaza building - same shopping complex as McDonald's Restaurant but on the other side of McDonald's.
Office address is: Landmark Family Dental - 521 W Channel Islands Blvd, Suite 8, Port Hueneme, CA 93041.
In your GPS, make sure you put the complete address and select the address with Port Hueneme as the city. There is similar street address in Oxnard as well. So, pay special attention to search results and select the address with Port Hueneme as the city.
• Do you accept all dental insurances?
We are preferred provider with all major insurance carriers. If we are not a preferred provider for your insurance carrier, please let us know and we will make every attempt to become a preferred provider with your insurance company.
• Do you accept Denti-Cal (Medi-Cal Dental Program) patients?
We are preferred provider for Denti-Cal.
• Do you accept the patients without any insurance coverage?
Yes, we do. Many of our existing patients don’t have any insurance coverage and still they come to our office. There are patients (with or without insurance), who are visiting this office regularly for more than 30 years.
• Do you treat kids in your office?
Yes, we do. Dr. Shah is very patient and familiar with child psychology. She has a lot of experience in treating the kids. Once kids know her, they enjoy coming to office for their dental treatment without any resistance.
• Should I bring my child to the dentist, even if the child does not have any dental problems?
Yes, you should. It’s important that you and Dr. Shah develop a strategy to reduce the chances of tooth decay and gum disease and all the consequences that those diseases can bring. Dr. Shah can help you to assist your child to develop good habits that can give your child a Healthy Smile all the time. Meeting your dentist before an emergency gives you the time to ask questions about how best to help your child keep their teeth clean and healthy. An additional benefit of this appointment will be that it makes you and your child more comfortable with your child’s dentist so if situations do develop that require treatment; you’re both more comfortable with the appointment.
• What if I can’t make it for my scheduled appointment?
If you think, you cannot make it for your scheduled appointment, please call our office at least 24 hours in advance. This will help our office serving our patients better and allow time for our office staff to find someone else who wants to come during your scheduled appointment.
• Is your dental office accessible to the disabled?
Yes. Our office is accessible to the disabled. The office is located on the first floor and parking is available with designated disabled parking.
• Do you have a Hygienist in your dental office for regular cleaning and deep cleaning?
Yes. We have a hygienist in our office. She is very knowledgeable, detail oriented and passionate about oral health of our patients. She educates our patients well and keeps them motivated about their overall dental health.
• What are the languages spoken in your office other than English?
On top of English, we speak Spanish, Tagalog, Hindi, and Gujarati in our office.
• How often are instruments sterilized in your office?
Quality dental service in a very hygienic environment is one of our highest priorities. All the instruments are sterilized before they are used on any patients. Also, dental operatories are disinfected after every patient visit in our office. Our office strictly follows the Infection Control guidelines defined by the ADA (American Dental Association) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
• Are you a member of American Dental Association (ADA)?
Yes. Dr. Shah is a member of following dental associations:
ADA : American Dental Association
CDA : California Dental Association
SBVCDS : Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental Society
• What should I look for when choosing a dentist?
You may wish to consider several dentists before making your decision. During your first visit, you should be able to determine if this is the right dentist for you. Consider the following:
• Is the appointment schedule convenient for you?
• Does the office appear to be clean, neat and orderly?
• Was your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a permanent file?
• Does the dentist explain techniques that will help you prevent dental health problems? Is dental health instruction provided?
• Are special arrangements made for handling emergencies outside of office hours? (Most dentists make arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service if they are unable to tend to emergencies.)
• Is information provided about fees and payment plans before treatment is scheduled?
• Is your dentist a member of the ADA? All ADA member dentists voluntarily agree to abide by the high ethical standards reflected in the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct as a condition of their membership. You and your dentist are partners in maintaining your oral health. Take time to ask questions and take notes if that will help you remember your dentist's advice.
• What should I do to keep my teeth clean and healthy?
At a minimum, you should brush your teeth twice a day (once in the morning, and once before you go to bed). You should also floss your teeth at least once a day. You should visit the dentist for regular exam and cleaning once every six months. This will help identify any dental problems early in the stage and treatment, to overcome those dental problems, will be quick.
• What is the difference between DDS and a DMD?
The DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) and DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) are the same degrees. The difference is a matter of semantics. The majority of dental schools award the DDS degree; however, some award a DMD degree. The education and degrees are the same.
• Do you accept credit cards payments?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards.
• Do you offer any payment plans?
Yes, we offer multiple options for payment plans including interest free payment plans for up to 24 months based on the treatment amount. We also offer a payment plan that doesn't require any credit check.