Common dental problems that could benefit from cosmetic dentistry in Oxnard
There’s nothing quite as dazzling as a knockout smile. Unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with perfect teeth. Many of us have cosmetic dental problems that we’d love to fix. Here are some of the most common cosmetic dental issues:
- Discoloration: Whether it’s due to coffee, nicotine, or simply aging, tooth discoloration is a very common problem. Fortunately, there are many ways to achieve whiter teeth, including professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth: One common cause is tooth decay. When tooth decay is left untreated, it can cause the tooth to weaken and eventually break. Another possible cause is trauma to the mouth. This can occur due to a fall, a blow to the face, or biting down on something hard. Missing enamel can be replaced with dental bonding, fillings, and crowns. Dental Veneers are also an option for those who desire them.
- Gaps: Gaps between teeth can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, poor oral hygiene, and even injury. If you’re not happy with the gap in your teeth, talk to your dentist about possible solutions, such as bonding or veneers.
- Misshaped Teeth: Most people are born with teeth that are relatively straight and uniform in shape. However, over time, the teeth can begin to shift and become misshapen. This can be due to a variety of factors, including thumb-sucking, dental crowding, and teeth grinding. While misshaped teeth are usually not a cause for concern from a medical standpoint, they can often be a source of embarrassment for those who have them.
- Crooked Teeth: Crooked teeth are another very common cosmetic dental issue. While braces can correct this problem in children and adolescents, adults often opt for less obvious solutions, such as Invisalign or porcelain veneers.
If you’re unhappy with your smile, don’t despair! There are many options available to help you achieve the look you desire. Schedule your consultation today with a cosmetic dentist in Oxnard and see the difference Landmark Family Dentistry can make!
Achieving the perfect smile: Life-changing cosmetic procedures
Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way in recent years. It encompasses a wide range of procedures, all designed to help you achieve a more beautiful smile. Here are just some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures and what they can do for you:
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the simplest and most effective ways to achieve a brighter, whiter smile. The procedure involves using a bleaching agent to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are bonded to the front of the teeth. Veneers can be used to improve the appearance of stained, chipped, or misshapen teeth.
- Composite Fillings. Commonly known as tooth-colored fillings, composite fillings are made of a mixture of plastic and glass. They are used to restore decayed or fractured teeth. Although they are not as strong as metal fillings, composite fillings are much less noticeable and can be matched to the color of your natural teeth. In addition, they bond well to the tooth structure and can help to prevent further decay.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a method of straightening teeth using clear, removable aligners. Invisalign is an excellent alternative to traditional braces for people who want to achieve straighter teeth without metal brackets and wires.
With so many options available, there’s no reason to settle for anything less than the perfect smile. Talk to your cosmetic dentist in Oxnard about which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you.